Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Send Your Artwork Into Space Aboard NASA's Next Exoplanet-Hunting Mission!

An artist's concept of NASA's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) hunting for alien worlds.
NASA / Goddard Space Flight Center

Just thought I'd end this month by pointing out that NASA is currently inviting the public to submit artwork (via e-mail) that will fly aboard the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)...which is scheduled to launch aboard SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket from Florida in March of 2018. Click on this page for more details. Right now, there is no limit as to how many artwork you can submit to fly aboard TESS; this campaign either ends on November 20, 2017, or when the drive (Hard drive? Flash drive? The site doesn't say—though it's most likely the latter) that will carry the submissions reaches full capacity. The artwork below are the ones that I myself sent in as of today. I created a couple of more illustrations that I plan to submit over the next few weeks... I'll post them in a future Blog entry. If you have your own drawings to send into the cosmos, submit now!

The first artwork that I submitted that will hopefully fly aboard NASA's TESS mission in March of 2018.

The second artwork that I submitted that will hopefully fly aboard NASA's TESS mission in March of 2018.

The third artwork that I submitted that will hopefully fly aboard NASA's TESS mission in March of 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment