Friday, February 28, 2014

Another Personal Blog, Yo...

So early this morning, I texted Nancy to drive safely to work since a strong winter storm will be causing intense rain here in Southern California this weekend. An hour after I messaged her, Nancy texted back...wishing me a safe drive to work as well (despite the fact my work for today was canceled a few days earlier due to the predicted bad weather). And about a half hour after that, Nancy called me on my cellphone—wanting to share an update with me about this college course she wanted to drop because the teacher was an unprofessional douche. (We discussed this last week.) Well not only did Nancy drop the class today, but she told me that she was planning to report the teacher to the school (the college dean, to be exact) next week. I told Nancy to let me know what happens with this...hopefully she'll remember to do so.

Anyways, the gist of this entry is that Nancy once again took our friendship up a notch by striking a phone conversation with me for the very first time. Much as how me texting her last week ended up with us booking the same job together the following day (leading to some dude asking me if I was Nancy's husband), sending her a text this morning led to us finally talking on the phone since Nancy gave me her number last summer. Of course, today's call ended on an amusing note... Nancy told me that she arrived at work and (I think) bid me goodbye—despite the fact she never hung up her phone since I could hear her moving things around inside her car in the background. (I hung up first.) Don't know if Nancy actually said bye to me or to hang on, since she has a strong but beautiful accent when she talks (Nancy is Middle Eastern...don't know if I mentioned that before). Oh well. All I can say is, hopefully this won't be the first and only phone conversation that we have together. If our last two SMS (Short Message Service for the uninitiated) chats are any indication, something more awesome will take place the next time I text Nancy. Cross my fingers.

A satellite image showing a strong winter storm that's hitting Southern California this weekend.
NASA / NOAA

No comments:

Post a Comment