Sunday, September 30, 2018

Snapshots from Miramar Air Show 2018!

An F-35B Lightning II soars in the air during a demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

Just thought I'd end this month with these photos that I took yesterday at the Miramar Air Show in San Diego, California. This is the second time in three years that I attended this military expo. The main reason why I went this year was because the F-22 Raptor was supposed to do a "heritage flight" with a World War II-era P-51 Mustang during the event. Unfortunately, the show was running behind schedule yesterday, so the flight ended up being cancelled. Oh well. On the plus side, I got to see the F-35B Lightning II in action again! I took so many cool snapshots of this stealth jet with my Nikon D3300 camera that I decided to post the majority of those pics in this Blog entry.

I geeked out when I saw the M1A1 Abrams in person (after this badass, nearly 70-ton battle tank first caught my attention over 27 years ago—during Operation Desert Storm), and will post separate photos of that in a future entry. I also took lots of snapshots of the Blue Angels in action with my DSLR, and will write about that too! So yea— Even though I didn't see the Raptor soaring in the air this weekend, there were still lots of other cool combat vehicles to take pics of in San Diego yesterday. Happy last day of September!

LINK: Click here for more photos that I took at the 2018 Miramar Air Show

The F-35B Lightning II shows off two of its weapons bays during a demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

The F-35B Lightning II soars in the air during a demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

The F-35B Lightning II opens its air-intake doors as it prepares to go into 'hover mode' during a demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

The F-35B Lightning II goes into hover mode during a demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

The F-35B Lightning II remains in hover mode during a demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

The F-35B Lightning II prepares to do a vertical landing to complete its demo at the Miramar Air Show...on September 29, 2018.

The F-35B Lightning II vertically lands on the ground...completing its demo at the Miramar Air Show on September 29, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment