Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Photos of the Day: Snowcapped Peaks in Southern California...

A snapshot of the San Gabriel Mountains that I took from the city of Rancho Cucamonga in California...on February 26, 2023.
Richard T. Par

Just thought I'd end this month by sharing these four images that I took of the San Gabriel Mountains from the city of Rancho Cucamonga—in San Bernardino County, California—last Sunday.

These pictures were obtained using my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera. I had to drive around quite a bit in Rancho Cucamonga before I found an ideal location from which to take images of these mountains (the views of the snowcapped peaks were obscured by townhouses, apartment complexes and palm trees in most parts of the city)...which endured a major winter blizzard just the day before.

The blizzard was so intense that it caused snow to fall in low-elevation suburbs like Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and areas near Pasadena in Los Angeles County (though Pasadena is near the foothill of the San Gabriel Mountains...or am I thinking of Altadena instead?)!

By the time I went to San Bernardino County on Sunday, the snow was already melting in that area. The best time to go was the day before, but I was at AMC theaters watching the new dark comedy film Cocaine Bear around that time, heh. (You can read my review for that movie here.)

These photos of the beautiful snowcapped peaks of the San Gabriel Mountains will do for now. It'll probably be a very long time before it snows in the unlikeliest areas of Southern California again, but that's okay!

Another snapshot of the San Gabriel Mountains that I took from the city of Rancho Cucamonga in California...on February 26, 2023.
Richard T. Par

Another snapshot of the San Gabriel Mountains that I took from the city of Rancho Cucamonga in California...on February 26, 2023.
Richard T. Par

Another snapshot of the San Gabriel Mountains that I took from the city of Rancho Cucamonga in California...on February 26, 2023.
Richard T. Par

No comments:

Post a Comment