Saturday, October 15, 2022

Snapshots from the 2022 Aerospace Valley Air Show!

Posing with an F-35C Lightning II at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

Earlier today, I drove to Edwards Air Force Base in Southern California to attend the Aerospace Valley Air Show...an event that hasn't taken place at the Mojave Desert-based military installation since 2009!

I stated in this previous Blog entry that I'd share more photos from last month's Miramar Air Show, but I didn't want to wait till I finally made that post to talk about today's exhibition.

While it was obviously cool to see the F-22 Raptor perform in San Diego last month, it was just as awesome that I got to see it on the ground today...along with all three variants of the F-35 Lightning II: The Air Force's F-35A, the Marine Corps' F-35B and the Navy's F-35C. As shown below, I only took images of the F-35A and 'C aircraft—since I already have plenty of photos of the F-35B from the three Miramar Air Shows I went to since 2016!

I was also able to see up close NASA's now-retired SOFIA airborne observatory, as well as the full-size Darkstar model used in this year's highest-grossing film, Top Gun: Maverick. So cool!

I'll eventually create a webpage dedicated to the AV Air Show, just like I did with this section that's devoted to last month's Miramar Air Show. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

The F-35A Lightning II on display at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

The F-35C Lightning II on display at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

Posing with an F-22 Raptor at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

Another snapshot with the F-22 Raptor at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

NASA's now-retired SOFIA airborne observatory on display at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

Another snapshot of NASA's SOFIA airborne observatory on display at the Aerospace Valley Air Show in Edwards Air Force Base, CA...on October 15, 2022.

Posing with the full-size Darkstar model used in TOP GUN: MAVERICK...at the Aerospace Valley Air Show on October 15, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment