Sunday, September 25, 2022

Photos of the Day: A Raptor Takes to the Skies in the 2022 Miramar Air Show!

An F-22 Raptor soars through the skies during the Miramar Air Show in San Diego, California...on September 24, 2022.
Richard T. Par

Just thought I'd share these photos that I took at the Miramar Air Show in San Diego, California, yesterday!

I shot over 1,300 pictures with my Nikon D3300 during this event (due to me using 'burst mode' on my DSLR camera)...with more than 600 of those images being of the F-22 Raptor during its aerial demonstration!

My main reason for attending the air show yesterday was to see the Raptor take flight in person (I went to the 2018 Miramar Air Show for this objective, but the F-22 demo team didn't show up when it was scheduled to appear that year), and it didn't disappoint.

I also wanted to see the F-35B Lightning II's hovering demonstration as well, but the traffic from the freeway to the parking lot at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar was so bad when I arrived in the morning that the F-35B was already in the air by the time I parked my car. (I exited the freeway around 10 AM; I didn't get to my parking spot till a little after 11 AM—near the scheduled time the F-35B demo began.)

Oh well. I already saw the F-35B show off its abilities up-close during the 2016 Miramar Air Show as well as the event four years ago. In the meantime, enjoy these pics of the F-22 soaring through the skies alone, as well as with a World War II-era P-51 Mustang in a U.S. Air Force Heritage Flight demonstration. Happy Sunday!

As seen from a parking lot in Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, an F-35B Lightning II conducts a hovering demonstration at the Miramar Air Show...on September 24, 2022.
Richard T. Par

The F-22 Raptor and a World War II-era P-51 Mustang conduct a U.S. Air Force Heritage Flight demonstration at the Miramar Air Show...on September 24, 2022.
Richard T. Par

The F-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang conduct a U.S. Air Force Heritage Flight demonstration at the Miramar Air Show...on September 24, 2022.
Richard T. Par

The F-22 Raptor lights its twin afterburners during an aerial demonstration at the Miramar Air Show...on September 24, 2022.
Richard T. Par

The F-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang are about to fly over a grandstand at the Miramar Air Show...on September 24, 2022.
Richard T. Par

No comments:

Post a Comment