Monday, June 21, 2021

As If This Month Isn't Going Badly Already...

Along with a screen protector, I should've bought a phone case for my new Google Pixel 4a as well. Darn it.

So last week, I went to my local mall (Puente Hills Mall, of course) when I accidentally dropped my new Google Pixel 4a phone on the hot asphalt in the parking lot. Despite having a screen protector that I bought online a few days before that, the screen still suffered considerable damage from impact (but the display is still functional, fortunately). And a Google research revealed that I would have to dish out between $200 to $300 to repair it...when I bought this phone for $385. That's just great.

What's ironic is that the Google Pixel was delivered to my house on June 1st—a day before 2021 started to go down the gutter for me when NASA rejected the Trident flyby to Neptune's moon Triton, which I was absolutely excited about since before the pandemic started last year, as one of its next Discovery-class missions. And two days before the Lakers were eliminated from the NBA Playoffs. 2001... 2011... 2021... The start of each decade in this century seems to suck really bad for me. Won't elaborate on what happened in those two previous years mentioned, but they just do. And no, the screen isn't repaired yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment