Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Aaand It's Over...

Five days after she told me that she was having a baby and I gave her a not-so-enthusiastic response about it, I found out last night that Nancy unfriended me on Facebook. While I was stunned at this discovery, I wasn't completely surprised by it. In fact, I saw it coming from a mile away. Nancy most likely realized (as I did) that we could never go hiking together again...unless she wanted to enjoy six degrees of awkwardness between us. No, Nancy actually did me a favor by putting an end to our friendship. There's nothing to gain by continuing to hang out with a woman who got married last year, and will have an infant by the time Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hits theaters this December. I really shouldn't be associating my excitement for that movie with this shitty-ass turn of events...

Now the question is: How soon will I delete my Facebook album containing photos that I took at Nancy's wedding? These photos are also on my MySpace page (yes, I still visit that Ford Pinto-equivalent of a social media site) and personal website. How soon will I also delete my Facebook album containing photos that I took at all of our hiking trips? There are 380 pics in all... It's gonna be easy to erase these images on Facebook but it'll be a bitch deleting 'em on Flickr as well (I have to go through each pic one-by-one). That's what happens when you grow close to someone who you should've left alone at the very beginning—when you know that the chances of entering an intimate relationship with her is zilch. Did I also mention that it's gonna be super-awkward if I ever run into her at work again (which, I'm sad to say, is inevitable)? Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment