Thursday, March 28, 2019

Saying Goodbye to a Mentor...

Earlier today, I went to the Queen of Heaven Mortuary & Cemetery in Rowland Heights, CA, to attend the funeral for my 8th grade teacher, Mrs. Ventura. Not only did one of my brothers and his friend (who were both in the Class of '92) show up as well, but students from other years were also attendance...most of them being from classes that graduated after I did in 1994. Ironically, I was the only one from the Class of '94 who appeared today—despite the fact that one collage that was on display (shown below) at the chapel where the funeral was held was devoted to my class. I reckon some of my classmates may have went to the viewing last night (which is what my sister did; she was in the Class of '89).

A Mass dedicated to Mrs. Ventura will be held at our grade school (which is a Catholic elementary school) on April 13. Of course I'm going. The other alumni who showed up today are planning to attend as well. I wonder if my classmates will show up, though. After all, as mentioned in this Blog entry, the 25-year anniversary of our 8th grade graduation will be on June 11.

Farewell, Mrs. V.

A collage showing photos of my 8th grade classmates posing with Mrs. Ventura (25 years ago) was displayed at the chapel where her funeral was held...on March 28, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment