Wednesday, October 24, 2018

MEETING THE MAMBA!

My autographed copy of Kobe Bryant's new book, THE MAMBA MENTALITY.

As alluded to in this previous entry about my meet and greet with the delightful Ellie Kemper from The Office two weeks ago, I went to Barnes & Noble bookstore at The Grove in Los Angeles yesterday to meet none other than Kobe Bryant! Actually, I met Kobe over 11 years ago...during a charity basketball game he hosted in Hollywood where I shook his hand, but didn't get a picture or autograph by him. That all changed last night, when not only did I buy a pre-signed copy of his book The Mamba Mentality (for less than $30), but I took a photo with the 5-time NBA champ as well! So dope. With the exception of Robert Horry, I have met the majority of players from the Lakers championship teams of 2000 to 2002. Kobe... Shaq... Derek Fisher... Rick Fox... Tyronn Lue.. Devean George... Greg Foster... And even A.C. Green. I think Horry did an autograph signing at my local mall last year, but I passed it up. I'll make sure not to do so the next time an opportunity to meet Will Smith's basketball doppelgänger comes around!

So which sports icons do I wanna meet next? Michael Jordan, if he ever decides to do a signing in Southern California. 2-time Super Bowl champion Peyton Manning (if he does a meet and greet in SoCal as well). Pau Gasol, who I'm sure will make some kind of public appearance once he permanently hangs up that San Antonio Spurs jersey in a few years. And of course, LeBron James! Just like Kobe, though, James most likely won't write a book till he leaves the NBA as well—but not before he wins his first regular season game with the Lakers. 0-3... C'mon now, Lake Show!

Posing with Kobe Bryant during a photo op inside Barnes & Noble bookstore at The Grove in Los Angeles...on October 23, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment