Friday, June 06, 2014

70 Years Ago, Today...

An archival photo showing Allied soldiers approaching the beaches at Normandy, France, during D-Day in World War II...on June 6, 1944.

This day marks seven decades since D-Day occurred at the shores of Normandy, France, in World War II. While Memorial Day was less than two weeks ago, today is another occasion to honor the brave soldiers who lost their lives in this pivotal battle against (Nazi) tyranny. Dramatic language aside, I'll probably mark this historical moment by popping in my DVD of Steven Spielberg's WWII epic Saving Private Ryan later...

Capt. John Miller (Tom Hanks), Sgt. Mike Horvath (Tom Sizemore) and their fellow soldiers prepare to storm a beach at Normandy in the 1998 Oscar-nominated film, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.

On another note, I went hiking with Nancy again early this morning. Even though we went to the same trail that we visited on Memorial Day, here are photos that I took during today's excursion. And yes, I'm planning to take pictures of the trails every time we go hiking together. And no, I'm not gonna post images of Nancy herself unless we ever become a couple. Carry on.

A view of the trail Nancy and I used for our hike on June 6, 2014.

Another view of the trail Nancy and I used for our hike on June 6, 2014.

Another view of the trail Nancy and I used for our hike on June 6, 2014.

Another view of the trail Nancy and I used for our hike on June 6, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment