Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An image I took of the annular solar eclipse that took place on May 20, 2012.

Photos of the 'Ring of Fire' Eclipse... Just thought I'd share pics I took of the annular solar eclipse that took place on May 20 (which is my dad's birthday). I used special sunglasses found in an issue of Astronomy magazine and my 7.3 megapixel digital camera to obtain images of the 'Ring of Fire' (which is another name for this kind of eclipse). Now if only a total solar eclipse occurred over Southern California... Not anytime soon. The next solar eclipse where the Sun is covered in totality won't be viewable from SoCal again till next century. That's a bummer.

LINK: Photos I took of the annular solar eclipse on May 20, 2012

Using special sunglasses provided by ASTRONOMY magazine to view the annular solar eclipse on May 20, 2012.

Using special sunglasses provided by ASTRONOMY magazine to view the annular solar eclipse on May 20, 2012.

Window shades reflected the annular solar eclipse onto my living room wall on May 20, 2012.

The Moon is about to pass in front of the Sun during the annular solar eclipse on May 20, 2012.

The Moon is about to move away from the Sun during the annular solar eclipse on May 20, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment