Monday, May 04, 2009

A mock-up of the MARS SCIENCE LABORATORY Rover...scheduled to launch in 2011.

2009 JPL Open House... Last Saturday, I went to NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory near Pasadena, California, for the annual event. As usual, it was pretty cool (this is the fifth time I’ve been to JPL... Other times were in 1992, 2001, 2006 and 2007). The main highlight and reason why I went this time around was to see NASA’s next Mars Rover, the Mars Science Laboratory (it should be getting a new and shorter name sometime this month), being built at the Spacecraft Assembly Facility (below). MSL is scheduled to launch in 2011. Above is a mock-up of the MSL at the mall near the laboratory’s front entrance. To see more photos that I took on Saturday, click below.

LINK: Photos I took at the 2009 JPL Open House

Actual flight hardware for the MARS SCIENCE LABORATORY, inside JPL's Spacecraft Assembly Facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment