Monday, March 09, 2009

Rorschach.

WATCHMEN... I saw the film in IMAX on Saturday night, and it was pretty interesting. One of my friends filled me in on the story of the graphic novel last year, so I kinda knew what to expect from the movie before I watched it. Seeing as how director Zach Snyder was trying to give Watchmen a realistic feel a la The Dark Knight, it’s understandable that he didn't include the giant alien squid in the ending. Haha.

Nite Owl II.

Anyways, my favorite character in the movie is Rorschach. Not only does he look bad-ass, but his actions and dialogue are, too. Case in point: The scene where he confronts that child killer in the apartment. I don’t watch horror films, but is there one that actually shows someone getting their head repeatedly hacked to pieces by a meat cleaver? I’m pretty sure there is. But this scene was craaazy. In terms of dialogue, the best line came when Rorschach (a.k.a. Walter Kovacs) was in prison. A fellow inmate tried to intimidate him in the cafeteria, and Kovacs ended up flinging a pot of hot oil at the prisoner’s face. Just as Kovacs is taken away by security guards, he shouts, "I’m not locked in here with you... You’re locked in here with ME!" Nice.

The Comedian.

Overlooking Rorschach’s badassery, the rest of Watchmen was all right. Silk Spectre II (Malin Akerman) had a decent share of nude scenes...which off-set seeing Dr. Manhattan’s wang so many times in the film (what, he only puts that loin cloth on when he’s in the mood?). The Comedian was cool... Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played the sadistic superhero with an affinity for happy-face pins, kicked-ass in the role...much as how he kicked ass as the demon-hunting dad, John Winchester, in the popular TV show Supernatural. All-in-all, I give Watchmen 8 out of 10 stars. Later.

Silk Spectre II and Dr. Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment