Tuesday, May 23, 2006

24.

The end of DAY 5... Well, after 21 weeks of rushing home after work to make sure I wouldn’t miss even that "Due to some graphic violence, viewer discretion is advised" disclaimer before the show (and Prison Break at 8PM), it’s finally over. Till next January, that is. Man, what a season that was! The question remains... Will Day 6 open up with Jack Bauer managing to find a way to escape that cargo freighter before it reaches China? Or did FOX amp up the budget and allow production to actually shoot some episodes in China or some other Asian country (to show Bauer escaping from a Chinese prison)? Or will the opening episodes simply be shot on studio sets or in some location in SoCal...like Chinatown in downtown L.A. or something (hmmm, I wonder which options are more likely)? Whatever the case, can’t wait for the 6th longest day to come. Especially considering those three conspirators whom President Logan was in cahoots with during this season are still at large... Yep, 24 rules. But now I’m finally available to work on Monday nights now. Woohoo!! No wait— That doesn’t seem very exciting...

UPDATE (May 25): There is a brief snippet on Wikipedia.Org about Jack Bauer escaping from the Chinese freighter before Season 6 begins. This sequence might be shown in the Season 6 prequel on the Season 5 DVD, which should come out later this year. Hmm— I guess FOX didn't want to spend more on filming in Asia, afterall... Haha.

UPDATE #2 (May 28): KCAL Rules!! This is Channel 9 in Los Angeles, and it airs 24 in syndication on Saturday nights (or should I say, Sunday mornings) at 12AM and the same episode again at 11PM Sunday nights. Not that I'm home Saturday nights or Sunday mornings, ahem. But anyways... Being that KCAL is barely on Season 2 right now, I guess that means by the time Season 4 airs later this year, it'll run through January when Season 6 begins. So it's still 24 every weekend throughout the rest of the year! Assuming I did my math right (which I didn't), haha. Anyways... Carry on.

Group photo of 24's Season 5 characters.

And of course, tonight is the season finale for House. And despite the fact I have no intention whatsoever of watching the season finale for American Idol, I hope Katharine McPhee wins. Why, you ask? Because Taylor Hicks is a—Well, look at his last name and you’ll know what I was gonna say, and McPhee is sooo friggin’ hot. Even hotter than Kelly Clarkson. But Kelly Clarkson is also bangin’. In more ways than one. ‘Kay, I’ll stop sounding perverted now. Go Katharine!

Katharine McPhee is SMOKIN'...

EDIT (May 23): On a different topic, I hope the Dallas Mavericks whup the Phoenix Suns' ass and make it to the NBA Finals. Um, uhhh... Go Nowitzki!

EDIT #2 (May 25): So a Hick(s) is the new American Idol and friggin' Phoenix is playin' like they're gonna be the next NBA champions. What a great evening last night (*sarcasm*). Not that I watched Idol...nor saw Boris Diaw make the game winning basket with 0.5 seconds left against Dirk Diggler and company. Turd.

EDIT #3 (May 25): Looks like I still won't be available to work Monday nights, afterall. Hell's Kitchen returns to FOX for a second season on June 12th. I like that show. Gordon Ramsay is an a-hole. That's why he rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment