Thursday, March 04, 2004

Different photos of the Opportunity landing site showing signs of past water activity
(Different photos of rocks at the landing site showing signs of past water activity... This Space.com article goes into in-depth detail about the evidence)

WATER ONCE FILLED THE LANDING SITE of the Opportunity Mars Rover. Click here for more info. NASA scientists to naysayers who criticized these missions in newspaper editorials: "F--- you!!! This CNN article sums up the discovery with its first line: Mission Accomplished. By the way, in case you're wondering why I'm so caught up with this Mars Rover business, it's because I gave a presentation on Mars in my Geology lab class at CSULB about 4 years ago, and you-know-you (see post below) said my presentation was the "best one" over all the others that were given that day. And I concluded that presentation by mentioning that these rovers were going to launch in 2003. She brought good luck to the missions.