Sunday, June 11, 2023

A Flashback to My First-Ever Job...

Listening to one of my instructors during my training session as a new Cast Member at Disneyland...in June of 2003.

It was 20 years ago this month that I began training at the very first company that I worked for...Disneyland!

The photo above was taken by my high school friend Sarina (who convinced me to apply for a job at the Happiest Place on Earth) while two of my instructors were addressing me and other trainees on the various aspects of our job position—which was as Cast Members working for the Resort Transportation and Parking (RTP) Department.

When you go to Disneyland and hop on one of its trams, the person standing at the very back of the vehicle saying "Please remain seated. Sit well back in your seat. Driver, all clear" on the loudspeaker before the tram begins rolling is an RTP officer. That's what I did!

Anyways, I actually worked at Disneyland for only six months...and that's because I wanted to focus on completing my senior thesis film Envious at my college, Cal State Long Beach. The reason why I applied for a job at the Magic Kingdom in the first place was to earn money for my senior thesis film before the Fall 2003 semester at CSULB started.

To read the dramatic story about the making of Envious and why it prompted me to depart from my first-ever job, click here.

And yes, I still have my RTP uniform. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment