Friday, February 10, 2023

Artwork of the Day: GARFIELD and Friends...

My completed drawing of GARFIELD and his friends cruisin' through the desert.

Seeing as how I usually sketch comic book, anime and movie characters (you can view their illustrations in the main Artwork section of my website), just thought I'd draw a picture of Garfield...my favorite cartoon feline ever since I was in elementary school!

In the drawing above, you see Garfield, Nermal (who Garfield actually despises in the Jim Davis-drawn comic strip, heh), Odie and Squeak the Mouse enjoying a ride through the desert—with Jon Arbuckle, Garfield and Odie's accordion-playing owner, at the steering wheel...and Jon's girlfriend (and Garfield's veterinarian) Liz Wilson riding shotgun.

As shown in this illustration, I still use coloring markers...even though I also utilized Adobe Photoshop to adjust the color and brightness on some parts of this artwork. I also had to airbrush the faces of Jon and Liz since the marker I used for their skin tone left a few undesirable streak marks on them.

(I'm well aware that there are streak marks everywhere in this drawing! The downside of not employing digital coloring instead.)

You can analyze changes to the illustration in these work-in-progress photos below.

So what will I draw next? Since I went lighthearted with this picture of Garfield, just thought I'd sketch a dark and brooding character from a (Marvel) comic book soon...

You're up, Ghost Rider!

Work-in-progress photo #1 of my GARFIELD drawing.

Work-in-progress photo #2 of my GARFIELD drawing.

Work-in-progress photo #3 of my GARFIELD drawing.

Work-in-progress photo #4 of my GARFIELD drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment