Tuesday, October 18, 2022

On This Day in 1997: I Earned the Right to Cruise the Road!

I passed my driving test on October 18, 1997...when I was a senior at Bishop Amat Memorial High School. This beautiful Performing Arts Center didn't exist at my alma mater back then.

It was 25 years ago today that I passed my driving test at the Pomona DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles, for y'all non-Yanks reading this entry)! Obviously, I was totally excited considering the fact that this was my third attempt since my first exam in August of 1996.

Had I passed my driving test in the summer of Independence Day, I would've watched that sci-fi mega blockbuster at least two or three more times at the theater!

(Thinking more about it, I think August of 1996 was when I had my second driving test. Whatever. Either way, I would've watched ID4 at the multiplex as many times as I did the new Star Wars movies and Batman flicks like The Dark Knight if I had my license...and was able to borrow the family car.)

But I passed my driving test in the fall of 1997...during the first semester of my senior year in high school. That was definitely a memorable time for me.

Today also marks 20 years since I shot my student film version of The Broken Table! Click here for more details.

I would've watched the movie INDEPENDENCE DAY two or three more times at the theater had I passed my first driving test in the summer of 1996!

No comments:

Post a Comment