Friday, September 09, 2022

Photos of the Day: Screenshots from PURPLE HEARTS...

Cassie (Sofia Carson) performs during a concert at the Hollywood Bowl in PURPLE HEARTS.

Just thought I'd share these screenshots from the Netflix movie Purple Hearts, which I finally watched online yesterday.

As you can see from these images, I got to be an extra in Purple Hearts! The scene in question was a concert that was held at the Hollywood Bowl.

Reshoots were conducted at the historic Hollywood arena back in November of last year, and I was one of around 200 background actors who played concertgoers for this scene.

As someone who's done background acting work for almost 11 years now, I'll tell you that I am not a huge fan of "cattle calls" (which usually consists of 200 or more extras for a particular scene during the day) like the one I was in for Purple Hearts. However, that kinda changed after I was one of the folks who was lucky enough to stand near the stage to watch actress Sofia Carson (who plays Cassie in the movie) perform two songs for us!

While Sofia performed to pre-recorded music for most of the day, she was amazing when she sang live for us during a couple of takes. Even though Ms. Carson does not yet have the same celebrity status as say, Vanessa Hudgens, Ariana Grande or Miley Cyrus, I was still starstruck by her whenever she appeared on stage!

Which is why I waited till Purple Hearts was finally released on Netflix almost two months ago...so that I could see if I was visible in the crowd during this concert scene. These screenshots obviously show that I was!

Those red squares were added through Microsoft Paint, heh. You can read my review for Purple Hearts here!

Cassie greets the crowd in PURPLE HEARTS.

A red square denotes where I was standing during this shot in PURPLE HEARTS!

A wide-angle shot of Cassie's band as it performs at the Hollywood Bowl in PURPLE HEARTS.

A red square denotes where I was standing during this shot in PURPLE HEARTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment