Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Lookin' Ahead to My First L.A. Lakers Game Since 2016!

A composite image showing where Pau Gasol's jersey might be placed during his retirement ceremony at the L.A. Lakers-Memphis Grizzlies game on March 7, 2023.

Earlier today, I bought tix from StubHub.com for the Los Angeles Lakers-Memphis Grizzlies game that will be held at Crypto.com Arena (a.k.a. The Crypt) next March!

As mentioned in this earlier Blog entry, the jersey-retirement ceremony for Pau Gasol will be held during the Lakers-Grizzlies game on March 7, 2023. I'll be sitting in The Crypt's nosebleed section that night, but it's all good. I paid $172 (this includes the online fee) for my ticket; by comparison, a nosebleed seat only cost $50 at STAPLES Center during the Shaquille O'Neal/Kobe Bryant days 20 years ago!

The last time I went to a Lakers game was on January 28, 2016...when Kobe took on Pau Gasol and the Chicago Bulls at STAPLES Center before Bryant's retirement from the NBA a few months later. (The Bulls won that game, 114-91.)

What will also make the game next March so memorable is that this is the first LeBron-era Lakers game I'll be watching in person! Here's hoping he, Anthony Davis and um, Russell Westbrook give the Lake Show a 'W' that night. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment