Monday, May 16, 2022

Photos of the Day: Last Night's Lunar Eclipse Above Southern California...

The Super Flower Blood Moon shines brightly behind a tree in my front yard...on May 15, 2022.

Just thought I'd share these images that I took of last night's Super Flower Blood Moon...which was the longest total lunar eclipse in 33 years!

The Super Flower Blood Moon lasted for 85 minutes, while the Moon spent 96 minutes in Earth's darker shadow (or umbra) back in August of 1989—around the time NASA's Voyager 2 spacecraft conducted its flyby of the icy giant Neptune.

I used my Nikon D3300 to capture last night's celestial event. This was the third time in four years that I took photos of a lunar eclipse with my DSLR camera; the first event being the Super Blue Blood Moon on January 31, 2018...and the most recent one being the Super Blood Wolf Moon on January 20, 2019.

Happy Monday!

The Super Flower Blood Moon shines brightly above my street in Pomona, California...on May 15, 2022.

The Super Flower Blood Moon looms high above my street in Pomona, California...on May 15, 2022.

The Moon begins to emerge from Earth's penumbra, or lighter shadow, as the 85-minute-long total lunar eclipse is about to conclude on May 15, 2022 (Pacific Time).

No comments:

Post a Comment