Sunday, February 27, 2022

Photos of the Day: A New Auditorium Is Complete at My High School Alma Mater...

A photo that I took of the new Performing Arts Center at Bishop Amat Memorial High School...on February 25, 2022.

Just thought I'd share these pictures that I took last Friday of the new Performing Arts Center (PAC) at Bishop Amat Memorial High School...my alma mater. I graduated from Amat in June of 1998.

I love the PAC's architectural design—as it makes me think about the sleek shape of the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles. The only difference is, the PAC's structure is comprised of well-placed bricks while the Disney Hall is adorned by twisted metal.

A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the PAC is set to take place this May, I believe, while the very first theatrical show that will be held inside this auditorium is a student rendition of The Little Mermaid. I'm not planning to watch this production (unless I had kids who went to Amat, which I don't)...but I'll definitely head back to see if I can view the interior of this beautiful building next time.

The PAC's front doors were locked when I tried to enter last week. Happy Sunday!

Another photo that I took of the new Performing Arts Center at Bishop Amat Memorial High School...on February 25, 2022.

The new Performing Arts Center as seen from the walkway between the 100 and 200 wings at Bishop Amat Memorial High School...on February 25, 2022.

The new Performing Arts Center as seen from the former faculty parking lot at Bishop Amat Memorial High School...on February 25, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment