Monday, February 14, 2022

Photos of the Day: My SoCal Sports Wall of Fame, Updated!

My SoCal Sports Wall of Fame.

Just thought I'd share this image of my updated SoCal Sports Wall of Fame...which now bears the Los Angeles Times' front page section featuring a triumphant photo of the L.A. Rams' Super Bowl victory over the Cincinnati Bengals yesterday.

As you can see, my wall now holds L.A. Times newspapers that celebrate the championships of teams in three different sports leagues: The Lakers and Dodgers in 2020, and now the Rams. I'd also include newspapers that covered the Stanley Cup wins by the L.A. Kings in 2012 and 2014, respectively, but I figured I only have space on this part of my wall to mark the victories of professional Southern California sports teams in this decade.

(Even though 2020 was the end of last decade, but you get the idea.)

Will the L.A. Chargers win the Super Bowl next year? Or maybe this season's NBA championship will belong to the Clippers... Pfft, yea right. Even if the Lakers' obnoxious little brothers somehow make it to the NBA Finals this June, I have no intention of immortalizing them on a load-bearing wall at home.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Today's Los Angeles Times newspaper before it was displayed on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment