Tuesday, December 29, 2020

On This Day in 2010: Chillin' in Pasadena...

Chillin' at the condo of my high school friend Adam in Pasadena, CA...on December 29, 2010.

Just thought I'd share this photo of me, my high school friend Sarina and a couple of her other buddies hanging out at the condominium of my other high school friend, Adam, ten years ago today. It was back in 2010 that Adam decided to move to this condo in Pasadena to be much closer to his job at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (in La CaƱada Flintridge a few miles away)...which he has been working at since 1999, I believe!

So why am I sharing this photo, you ask? Well— As mentioned in this Blog Entry, December was gonna be an emotional month for me as I commemorated 20 years since I had one last final exam with Yenny in college, and I marked one decade since things started to change drastically (for the worse) in my life. This Pasadena hangout was the last social gathering I attended before s**t would hit the fan (job-wise) a few days later...and this past ten years was gonna be a painful one for me.

Granted, I achieved the goals that I set out to attain in the previous decade (such as doing the H.A.L.O. Jump in 2013), but I was very content with my life until I would unfortunately make mistakes that caused it to change ten years ago next month. I briefly got that life back in 2014, but it was apparently just a fluke (as it lasted only eight months) and I'm back to reminiscing about days long gone.

Anyways, I could go on and on about how I wish I could go back to the way things were, but that would be a huge waste of time. The only constant in life is change...and I, just like everyone else, must accept it and look to the future. Or is that also bad advice and I should just focus on the present instead? Whatever. Only three days till 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment