Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Photos of the Day #2: A Smoke Cloud Above My Backyard...

The smoke cloud from the Bobcat Fire lurks above a recently-built 3-story home behind my backyard in Pomona, California...on September 9, 2020.

Just thought I'd share these pictures that I took of a smoke cloud emanating from one of the ongoing wildfires as it lurked above my backyard in Pomona, California this morning. This smoke is coming from the Bobcat Fire burning in the San Gabriel Mountains about 20 miles away. While this is a surreal sight to behold above my neighborhood, this is nothing compared to the orange and red skies that folks in San Francisco saw earlier today. And the houses behind my backyard just recently completed construction a month ago (I've been keeping track of their progress on one of my Flickr pages since early 2018). Have a great night.

The smoke cloud from the Bobcat Fire lurks above the recently-built 3-story home behind my backyard in Pomona, California...on September 9, 2020.

The smoke cloud from the Bobcat Fire lurks above a recently-built 2-story home behind my backyard in Pomona, California...on September 9, 2020.

The smoke cloud from the Bobcat Fire lurks above other recently-built 2-story homes behind my backyard in Pomona, California...on September 9, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment