Wednesday, June 03, 2020

The Lakers Will Soon Be Back on the Court!

Tomorrow, the NBA board of governors are set to vote on a new plan that will allow the 2019-'20 NBA season to resume as early as July 31! Under the proposal, eight games will be played by 22 teams during the regular season...before it transitions to a playoff format that involves a potential play-in tournament for the 8th seed, and then the traditional postseason format that includes three best-of-7 conference rounds that will precede the NBA Finals. In regards to the NBA Finals itself, a Game 7 would be played on Monday, October 12. To help prevent infection by the coronavirus, all games will be held at the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida. The NBA players and personnel would be sequestered there for the duration of the season as well.

All I can say about this plan is—woohoo! I hope I'm not jinxing the Lakers' chances by posting the Photoshopped pic below (I probably am), but seeing as how LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Alex Caruso and company were No. 1 in the Western Conference (while the Milwaukee Bucks lead in the Eastern Conference) before the coronavirus pandemic shut down the league last March, it's time for the Lake Show to find out if they can regain the glory that slowly disappeared after Los Angeles last won the championship 10 years ago. I'm crossing my fingers that it will... Lakers fans need something to celebrate after the tragedy that befell them and the sporting world in general last January. Carry on.

I'm sure I might be jinxing the Lakers' chances by posting this Photoshopped pic, but I couldn't resist!
Courtesy of Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment