Saturday, November 10, 2018

Photo of the Day: An Orange Half-Moon in the Sky...

A snapshot I took of the Waxing Crescent Moon...which was tinted orange by smoke coming from the Woolsey Fire near Malibu, California, on November 10, 2018.

Just thought I'd share this pic (shot with my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera) that I took of tonight's Waxing Crescent Moon...which is tinted orange from all of the smoke coming from the Woolsey Fire still burning near Malibu (about 74 miles from where I live in Pomona), California. The last time I took photos of the Moon, it was back in late January...when it had a crimson hue due to the fact that it was a Super Blue Blood Moon (a.k.a. a Supermoon that was also a Blue Moon which occurred during a lunar eclipse, also called a Blood Moon). Like that winter snapshot, I wish today's image was also taken in less dire circumstances.

My sympathies to those who lost their loved ones and homes during the tragic wildfires currently raging in northern and southern California.

No comments:

Post a Comment