Monday, August 13, 2018

Back in the Day: Remembering My First Trip to Florida...

About to land at Fort Lauderdale in Florida...on August 13, 2008.

Ten years ago today, I arrived at Fort Lauderdale in Florida to embark on a 7-day trip that involved taking a cruise to New Providence Island in the Bahamas. But before I headed to one of America's closest Caribbean neighbors, I spent the previous two days taking road trips across the southern part of the Sunshine State. I drove through Miami (which I would visit again almost a decade later) en route to Key West on August 14. I visited an Everglades park (where I saw many alligators on exhibit), and the actual Everglades (where I didn't see any gators, ironically) after that on August 15. Fun times! No seriously. Despite the fact that Florida is full of conservative nut jobs if you wanna discuss politics for a moment, I never get tired of visiting this state!

In regards to my cruise to the Bahamas, I'll talk about it next week. Until then, Happy International Left-Handers Day, fellow lefties!

LINK: Photos I took in Florida and the Bahamas 10 years ago

At Los Angeles International Airport, waiting for my flight to Fort Lauderdale to begin...on August 13, 2008.

Driving through the city of Miami as I took a road trip to Key West in the Florida Keys...on August 14, 2008.

Enjoying the scenery as I drove through the Florida Keys...on August 14, 2008.

Chillin' at a beach in the Florida Keys...on August 14, 2008.

Checkin' out two alligators at Everglades Holiday Park in Florida...on August 15, 2008.

Gettin' ready to take an airboat ride at Everglades Holiday Park in Florida...on August 15, 2008.

Takin' a snapshot of another airboat during my tour at Everglades Holiday Park in Florida...on August 15, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment