Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rise of the Blood Moon...

The Moon is about to be concealed by Earth's shadow prior to the total lunar eclipse on April 14-15, 2014. I took this photo using my Android RAZR phone.

So late last night, I stood outside my house and endured constant bug bites to my legs as I waited for the total lunar eclipse to occur above Los Angeles (and pretty much all of North America and even Hawaii as well). Using my new Android RAZR phone, I took these two photos...with the one below showing the 'Blood Moon' with Mars hovering high above it (in the upper right-hand corner). All I can say is, this serves as motivation for me to buy a much nicer camera that I can use to take awesome pictures of future celestial events. Speaking of which, click on this link to see images that I took of the May 2012 annular solar eclipse. Carry on.

The Blood Moon and Mars (upper right-hand corner) lurk up in the night sky during the total lunar eclipse on April 14-15, 2014. I took this photo using my Android RAZR phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment