Sunday, July 07, 2013

Texting & Mind Games, Etc...

A random cute girl checking her cell phone.

As mentioned in this previous journal entry, I got Nancy's phone number after we worked a gig together in Los Angeles about two weeks ago. I texted her a few days later, she replied back (even though it took her four days to do so), we texted a couple of times afterwards...and now I'm wondering where the heck to go from there. Of course, I do know where to go from here: 99.9995% of dating websites I've visited state that I should make a move on Nancy and ask her out; the problem is: she's engaged to someone else. (I'll ignore the fact that all of you are now muttering towards your computer monitor "You idiot! Move the f**k on!") Countless of other online pages (specifically on Yahoo! Answers) feature questions by other dudes who wonder why chicks who are either married or have boyfriends would give their digits out to those who they aren't even close buddies with... There was really only one page that I found where a woman who was engaged handed her number to a hapless schmuck. Talk about being in an unprecedented situation!

So now I'm wondering, what should I do next? Do I just leave Nancy alone (seeing as how I was the last one to text and the ball is now in Nancy's court)? Actually try to be a homewrecker and ask her out [to casual lunch at least; Nancy's a fan of Chick-fil-A and Chick-fil-A is handing out free meals to any patron who shows up at the fast food joint wearing a friggin' cow costume this Friday, July 12 (in honor of Cow Appreciation Day)... Yea, I'm pretty sure she won't be down with that]? Or accept the fact that Nancy is definitely off-limits and just put myself in the dreaded 'friend zone' by having normal text conversations with her (seeing as how I don't want to lose her as a work buddy over this)? All of you pick-up artists (PUA) reading this must be shaking your heads in disgust right now.

Am I to believe that since I flirt with her up the wazoo whenever I see her in person, Nancy gave me her number to test my flirting skills outside of work? (To potential employers, you didn't just read that.) To see what I'm all about in a normal social setting? Girls tend to give out their numbers to get rid of certain dudes... Did Nancy provide me hers to see if I had the gall to make a move on her even though she now has a rock on her finger? And would think that I'd finally leave her alone since I'm not immoral enough (keyword: enough) to ask Nancy out even though she most likely spent the first half of that day with her fiancé? Or is Nancy just an attention seeker and could use another fella who has no chance of getting with her whatsoever to start a text conversation with when she's bored at work? Quit looking at me that way, PUA!

My guess is that Nancy loves the extra attention. There is not one picture of her fiancé on her Facebook page (yet?)...but there are dozens of totally gorgeous self-portraits that Nancy took with her iPhone (she now has a Samsung Galaxy S4) that dudes such as Yours Truly futilely click 'like' on once we see them on our news feeds. In fact, it was me taking a step further and actually commenting on a recent pic that Nancy posted that probably got her to text me after four days of waiting. I pointed out that she was "muy bonita" (Spanish for 'very pretty/beautiful') in her new image; not only did Nancy click 'like' on my comment...but she texted me later that night to say hi. Of course, she hid that picture from her Facebook timeline the following day; either because she didn't want other people to see my post and question her if something was going on between us (Yea, I wish), or she was mad that I stopped texting her earlier that day. (That's what you get for sending me a one-word reply, Nancy... "Lol" Really?)

So basically folks, things have gotten more confusing with Nancy. I needed to type this entry as a way to express thoughts and feelings that I would otherwise have been foolish enough to mention to Nancy herself in a text message. And as the rule goes: The minute that you tell a girl that you like or love her (and she's not your wife), it's game over. You show, not tell, her that you like or love her...through simple things such as staring into her eyes when she talks to you and/or flirtatiously touching her knees with your own for a few minutes (assuming you two are sitting right next to each other, hah), hug her enthusiastically at the end of the work day, or tell her how lovely she is in a foreign tongue on Facebook (unless you're already Latino). You definitely don't tell a girl that you love her through a text message...which is why Nancy giving me her phone number could be the worse thing she could do to me since she's already spoken for. Unless, of course, I become a homewrecker. Have a good day, everyone!

Is this dude annoyed that his girl is too preoccupied with her cell phone? I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment