Saturday, June 01, 2013

A Quick Rant... For those of you who still use Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook/Whatever-The-Heck-It's-Now-Called (like I do), you've obviously noticed this supposedly adorable photo of a little Asian boy trying to look like Elton John or something with those wacky glasses on. Seeing as how Asian guys are occasionally stereotyped as flip flop-wearing effeminate tech nerds (in all fairness, not always all of the above), this pic doesn't help in trying to dispel that image. Of course, I'm obviously reading too much into this photo. What I would prefer instead is for Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook/Whatever-The-Heck-It's-Now-Called to change back to simply Hotmail where I can check my e-mail messages without being told that I can no longer use Windows Messenger when I'm logged into my account. I don't care about that crap.

I reckon that this kid will move to California's Bay Area when he grows up (if he doesn't live there already). Wait what?

No comments:

Post a Comment