Sunday, March 03, 2013

A character named Starkiller uses the Force to bring down a Star Destroyer in STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED.
LucasArts

Star Wars Artwork... I'm five years late, but I just stumbled upon these awesome illustrations that were for the 2008 video game, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. All I can say is, it would be absolutely awesome if J.J. Abrams featured a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII where a character (whether it's Luke Skywalker or a new Jedi or Sith Lord introduced in the upcoming film) uses the Force to bring down a Star Destroyer or another similar-size vessel. In terms of playing The Force Unleashed, I do remember playing a demo of it at a local Target store two years ago. As far as actually owning the game goes, the only Star Wars titles that I bought and played in their entirety were X-Wing CD-ROM, Dark Forces, Rebel Assault and Star Wars: Battlefront I and II. My favorite of all these is X-Wing CD-ROM.

An illustration showing Imperial Forces invading a city that looks like Naboo from the STAR WARS prequels.
Image courtesy of Creative Uncut

Another illustration showing Starkiller using the Force to bring down a Star Destroyer in STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED.
LucasArts

I also found the amusing artwork below depicting a Star Destroyer approaching San Francisco Bay. With this May's Star Trek Into Darkness apparently showing the USS Enterprise crashing into the Bay Area, I don't know what is it with cinema's two major sci-fi franchises (though Star Wars is technically science fantasy) making this NoCal city the target of giant interstellar warships. Not that I care. I guess Frisco's ultra-liberalism makes it an easy metropolis to pick on. I live in Los Angeles, by the way.

Cool artwork showing a Star Destroyer approaching San Francisco Bay.
Image courtesy of Wall321

No comments:

Post a Comment