Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A STAR WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE marquee at my local AMC theater.

Nerdgasm... In honor of Darth Maul returning to the big screen (in 3-D) next month, just thought I'd post these random Star Wars-related images that I recently took with my camera phone. The Phantom Menace cardboard marquee posted above was on display at the AMC theater inside my local mall, while the two cool LEGO® sets shown below were found at the nearby Toys"R"Us store. Despite the fact I didn't become a Star Wars geek till um, 9th grade, I'm pretty sure I would've bothered my folks into getting the Republic Cruiser and/or Millennium Falcon (which are both almost 2-feet-long, like the Batmobile collectible I also saw at the mall last summer) for me when I was 10 years old...if these items were available 20 years ago. Whether or not they would've relented in buying me these sets is a whole other matter—especially considering the grades I got in elementary school (primarily for math) that time. Carry on.

Republic Cruiser (from THE PHANTOM MENACE) and Millennium Falcon LEGO® sets at the local Toys'R'Us store.

No comments:

Post a Comment