Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bane.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, Part 2... I didn’t want to upstage yesterday’s news about Anne Hathaway being cast in The Dark Knight Rises, so I just thought that I’d post a separate journal entry about Inception's Tom Hardy officially playing Bane in next year’s Bat flick. While it’s too bad that he won’t play the Black Mask as mentioned in an earlier Blog, I see a lot of possibilities plot-wise in how Bane could be portrayed in Batman 3. In fact, I myself speculated about how Christopher Nolan could approach this villain back in summer of 2008. Even a recent Entertainment Weekly article had the same ideas that I did...with the proposal that Bane become the new head of the League of Shadows (which was led by Liam Neeson’s Ra’s al Ghul before he bit the dust in Batman Begins) in Batman 3. What’s missing from this scenario is Talia al Ghul (with Minka Kelly playing her, haha) being at Bane’s side as he wreaks havoc on Gotham City. Also missing, of course, from the characters that will show up in The Dark Knight Rises is Azrael himself. Oh well. What are the chances that Nolan will make up for this omission by having Bruce Wayne don armor that will come close to resembling the blue and gold mechanical suit that Jean-Paul Valley uses to defeat Bane at the conclusion of 1993's Knightfall comic book series? I hope the chances are good.

Azrael-Batman soars over Gotham.

No comments:

Post a Comment