Sunday, November 07, 2010

Whitney Miller conducts a cooking demo at the Anaheim Convention Center in California, on November 6, 2010.

YESTERDAY, I attended The Celebrity Food and Gift Show at the Anaheim Convention Center in California...where I got to meet Whitney Miller—the Season 1 winner of FOX’s MasterChef TV show last September. Ms. Miller was totally awesome in person! She was very nice...and as shown on television, a really talented cook. Below is obviously the photo that I took with Ms. Miller, while my autographed ticket and a pic I took during her hour-long cooking demo are also shown in this entry.

Posing with Whitney Miller after she finishes her cooking demo at the Anaheim Convention Center in California, on November 6, 2010.

If there’s one thing that I initially took issue with during her presentation, it was her comment that Michael Bay filmed Transformers at Camp Pendleton (near San Diego, California)...which was the site of one of the cooking challenges on MasterChef last season. Upon further research online, however, I think Ms. Miller was referring to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, obviously not the first film. In Revenge of the Fallen, there’s a shot during that final battle sequence in Egypt where U.S. Naval hovercraft (officially called Landing Craft Air Cushion vehicles, or LCAC) and Marine Corps Cobra attack helicopters arrive on a beach to provide reinforcement for the Autobots and company. That definitely must’ve been filmed at Camp Pendleton... Just because.

My ticket for The Celebrity Food and Gift Show...autographed by Whitney Miller on November 6, 2010.

So I retract my earlier comment and have absolutely no issue with Ms. Miller’s presentation. You rock, Whitney!

No comments:

Post a Comment