Monday, June 21, 2010

USC's Galen Center, where the school's basketball team plays.

THE LAKERS PARADE... I attended the celebration outside of USC’s Galen Center today, and it was fun. For the most part, that is. People were killing time before the event started at 11 AM by swatting around beach balls (plus a balloon and an inflated um, condom. It looked unused), as well as making a Celtics fan remove his green jersey and light it on fire after this dude was crazy enough to walk into a hostile purple and gold-laden crowd.

Waiting for the championship parade to begin.

The reason why I said the Lakers parade was fun ‘for the most part’ was because of these two inconsiderate teenage girls who were standing in front of me in the crowd. Right when the fire trucks and the specially-outfitted 18-wheeler carrying Laker players, Laker Girls, their families and whatnot were about to arrive at the area where I was waiting, these chicks quickly hopped onto their boyfriends’ shoulders to get a better view of the trucks from above the crowd. Needless to say, I’m sure several other people besides myself were very pissed that these two b*tches were rude enough (or oblivious enough? Meh, I say rude) to screw other people like that. Definitely makes me wish the Coliseum was used to host a post-parade rally like it did last year.

DAAAMN STRAIGHT.

Anyways, in terms of the players that I saw when the convoy passed by, I spotted Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Josh Powell, former-Lakers A.C. Green and Magic Johnson. Didn’t see Kobe though. Coach Phil Jackson didn’t show up at the parade at all. He had to attend a pre-arranged medical appointment today. As long as that appointment results in Jackson finding out he’s healthy enough to lead the Lakers to yet another three-peat next year, I ain’t complainin’. Not to sound selfish or anything... That is all.

The champions prepare to drive by.

The Laaaker Girls.

Pau Gasol.

Ron Artest lights up a stogie (in case you couldn't tell).

Derek Fisher shows off the NBA trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment