Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Brian Griffin tries to earn Quagmire's respect on FAMILY GUY.

FAMILY GUY... If you guys watched last Sunday’s episode, you’ll recall that major subplot about how Brian Griffin was trying to earn Quagmire’s respect after finding out that the womanizing airline pilot hated Brian’s guts. Towards the end of that episode, we get that nice little moment at the end of the show where Quagmire, who’s having dinner at a restaurant courtesy of Brian, goes off and lists every single fault that the dog has, and why Quagmire despises Peter Griffin’s "best friend" so much. Anyways, the gist of this journal entry is NOT about this scene...but what led to it during the episode.

Earlier in Sunday’s episode, Quagmire thinks that he’s going on a date with Cheryl Tiegs, a girl who he knew from a long time ago. Quagmire got a letter that was supposedly from Cheryl...not knowing that it was in fact sent by Brian to trick Quagmire into having dinner with him. Quagmire enters a limo that arrives outside his house, and is surprised to see Brian waiting in the car instead of Tiegs. Quagmire then goes off on a rant to Brian about how this girl "was the one who got away", and the reason why Quagmire had flings with so many women was to make up for Cheryl’s absence, and how he felt "lost" once she disappeared from his life. What I’m about to talk about next is an OLD-ASS topic involving a girl I knew from 9 years ago, and how this Family Guy episode started making me think of her...again...

For those of you who have been visiting my Blog since its inception in October of 2000 (Anyone? Anyone?), you’ll remember how I kept talking about a girl I nicknamed Denise (her real name is Duyen) in my entries. She was in my Geology lab class during the Fall 2000 semester at Long Beach State, and the last time I saw Duyen in person was in 2002...on campus during the Spring semester. If you want a recap of the things I said about Duyen, go to this journal entry...which provides a link to every single post (I think) that I made about her (though I’ve just ended up providing links to those entries in this particular Blog, anyway). 2001, as you would tell, was the peak period of my um, ramblings about her.


The reason why that scene on Family Guy struck a nerve with me was that I too felt like I was losing something as I watched Duyen walk away after we headed to our cars following the completion of our Geology final exam. From that point on, every single day I was on campus I would look around to see if "Yenny" was strolling nearby. Even though she graduated from Long Beach State in 2003, that didn’t stop me from continuing to look around for Yenny through my final semester at LBSU...which was Spring semester in 2004. I had a chance to see Duyen in person one last time at my graduation, but needless to say, that opportunity was lost. (Duyen was on campus, but I was unable to look for her since well...click on that last link to know why.)

Before I met Duyen in Fall of 2000, I was pretty much carefree about a lot of things. Nonchalant about life if you well, hahaha. After our final day as classmates though, it felt like I was missing something...as Duyen and I got along pretty well during the semester, and I felt like something great could’ve happened if I made the right moves or said the right things to her (or least ask Yenny if she already had a boyfriend before I started growing strong feelings for her. TOO LATE!). Nope, I was obviously wrong.

To this day, I still go to Duyen’s MySpace page to see what she’s up to (hmm, I probably shouldn’t have said that here). But she hasn’t updated her profile since April of this year, and that’s probably because she only goes on Facebook...which she updates often. I probably shouldn’t have mentioned that (too)...since Duyen didn’t add me as a friend on Facebook (Yes, I did send her an 'Add' request). That could possibly be due to the fact I talked smack about her boyfriend in an entry after I found out his name...and Duyen DOES know about this journal page (since I did tell her about my website long ago), and read some of the things I typed about her back in 2000-‘01. Of course, she probably read my little diatribe about her BF on MySpace too (at least she added me as a friend on that site)...since I also posted that last entry on my profile there as well, haha.

Anyways, this Blog is TOO LONG. The gist of this entry: Last Sunday’s Family Guy episode revealed that Quagmire is a womanizer because he feels lost over a girl he cared about a long time ago, and slept with other chicks to take his mind off of her. For me, the reason why I went to so many import shows over the years was to meet beautiful car show models that would take my mind off of Duyen, albeit briefly. No wait— I never mentioned that import thing in this entry. Oh well. I doubt most of you even reached this point on my Blog to realize how incoherent it’s becoming. Later.


Long Beach State.

No comments:

Post a Comment