Wednesday, May 07, 2008

TODAY MARKS ONE YEAR since I injured my left shoulder. The reason why I bring this little tidbit up is because shoulder injuries suck reeeeaaal bad. You’ll be surprised to find out just how many activities require use of your shoulder after you’ve hurt it. Opening your car door... Turning the steering wheel... Lifting up plates to put in the kitchen sink... Typing and surfing the Web on the computer, like I’m obviously doing right now, haha... These all rely on el hombro. The way that I originally tweaked my shoulder was by doing pull-ups. Chances are I tweaked a muscle when I shifted my body weight awkwardly in the air while doing a rep—I don’t really know since I never got an MRI for my left shoulder (but I did get an MRI for my right shoulder...since it eventually started to hurt because I had to rely solely on it to make up for the original injury), but it was doing push-ups later that night (I didn't know how severe the problem was till the next day, FYI) and simple activities like those mentioned above in the days ahead that made the problem worse.

It took me 8 months to get back to doing bench presses, and 11 months to resume doing push-ups. I’ve yet to decide when I’m gonna go back to doing pull-ups. The gist of this Blog: If you ever hurt one of your shoulders, well... Sucks to be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment