Sunday, December 31, 2006

So anyways, one of my friends commented last week on how I should write more about my personal life besides doing all these journal entries on NASA and movies I’ve seen (what, you don’t find that countdown for upcoming space missions at the top of this page interesting? Don’t answer that). So I’ll do just that. A few days before Christmas, one of my co-workers— let’s call her Nina (since she’s Norwegian)— decided to head back home for about a year-and-a-half to focus on taking classes for acting, which she ultimately wants to do as a career. I won’t say where she lives...except to point out Nina’s home country is at the northernmost part of Europe (if you guessed Norway, you guessed right!). She plans on going to London and enroll at an acting school there. Maybe Nina will take a class taught by Ian McDiarmid, an acting teacher who also happened to play Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious and the Emperor in the Star Wars films! Just felt like going off-topic and being facetious (and nerdy as well as random) there. Anyways, I wish Nina all the best, since she’s one of the nicest, most out-going, socialable, nonchalant (am I being repetitive?) and hard-working persons I’ve ever met. Did I also mention she’s extremely attractive? ‘Cause she is. Nina’s the only female co-worker I know who had a moviegoer go up to her while we were working and try to put the moves on her (saying things like “I think you’re really cute” and “I would like to get to know you better” and all that jazz). Being the gracious person that she is, Nina just politely told the guy that we were busy at work, instead of telling him to piss off and die a miserable death on the way back home. There were supposedly other times where moviegoers wrote love notes to her on the back of questionnaires she collected during theater exit polls she worked at (the company we work for conducts test and press screenings, as well as exit polls, duh, for some of the major movie studios like Fox and New Line Cinema... FYI). And at her going-away party that she had at a pub in Hollywood two weeks ago, Nina got a few kiss on the cheeks by some of the other male co-workers who attended (those f***in’ rat bastards! Just playing... Not really. And NO, she doesn't act scandalous. My apologies to Nina if this last sentence implied that). And at the office Christmas party a week before that, there were lots of people (Yours Truly included) who took pictures with her since we all knew that was the last party we were gonna see her at for a while. That’s popularity for ya.

Anyways, to briefly summarize this journal entry for ya (heheh), I’m very fond of Nina. To see the picture I took with her, go here. That photo doesn’t do justice to how beautiful she really is in person. Oh, and she's actually the same height as I am (she's wearing heels in that pic). Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment