Sunday, March 07, 2004

HOT IMPORT NIGHTS!! I just came back from the Hot Import Nights car show at the L.A. Convention Center about half an hour ago, and needless to say...it was awesome! I finally met the lovely Jasmine Mai in person! More details on this a few days from now... The other models that I met and took pictures with was Natalie Keen (Miss HIN 2004), Francine Dee (for the third time since 2000, heheh), Christine Mendoza (for the second time since 2001), Joyce Lex, Sandy Saya (she definitely does NOT look like Yen in person!!) and Kay Sivilay...who I thought I met at Hot Import Nights in Del Mar (in February of 2000), but I was mistaken. This was the first car show Ms. Sivilay made an appearance at. The only lowpoint of the show was Cora Linn not being able to make it to HIN since she said in her Yahoo! group that she had to fly back to Texas (where she lives). But she did say she'll be at another import show next month. Good grief...I have to save up money for that show AND Asian Model Palooza (which is on March 20th)!! Assuming I go to that one... By the way, enter these models' websites at your own discretion!

And YES, I DID take pictures of cars at HIN. I took a picture of a silver Lamborghini (I loved that car since I was around 7-8 years old!) and Porsche (ditto!)...as well as a fixed-up Hummer (also silver). What's pretty interesting is that you can put new rims, a chrome exhaust, NOS gas tanks, a spoiler, a DVD player, a Playstation 2, a broadway rearview mirror AND new shock absorbers on a 2000 Acura Integra GS-R, and it STILL won't be worth as much as a Lamborghini or Porsche! Not even close...


Batman Begins

UPDATE: This just in from batman-on-film.com: Gary Oldman, the dude who played Dracula and a Russian terrorist who punked Harrison Ford in Air Force One, plays Commissioner Gordon in Batman Begins!! That's gonna be cool... And don't forget about Katie Holmes being the damsel in distress in this film... David Julyan, Chris Nolan's composer on Memento, will be doing the music for Batman Begins. The last time I saw Memento was about three years ago, so I don't remember how Julyan's music sounds like.