Thursday, February 26, 2004

Well that pisses me off. Today I just found out that I lost my cell phone...which in of itself wouldn't piss the crap out of me hadn't it been the third thing I misplaced over the past two months. The first thing I lost was my wallet...which actually got stolen when I had to pull over the side of the freeway after I accidentally got in a small fender-bender with a pick-up truck in front of me. The guy was cool and all while I was talking to him and exchanging insurance info. Then the next day came, when I was informed that someone used one of my credit cards for gas after I called up the credit card company to close that account. What are the chances that someone else would pull over in that same exact spot on the freeway that I was on (on the SAME day) and find my wallet??? Not very big...and I was stupid enough not to call that bastard right away because of... God-knows-what (laziness?). I got a letter from one of my credit card companies with a form to fill out in case I do find fraudulent charges on my next invoice. The form said to give the info of the person who I THINK may have stolen my card. I still have that guy's phone number and address, so I'm THIS close to doing so. The second thing I lost was the small remote control for the garage door opener, which I borrowed from my parents for my film shoot last month since it was the only control we had for the house [I wanted to put my car inside the garage (I normally park it outside) the night before my shoot since I already put all the props, costumes, iceboxes for beverages, and other things in my vehicle because I wanted to leave for CSU Long Beach right away the next morning]. I know that the small control is SOMEWHERE around the house, since I obviously used it to open the garage when I came back from CSULB the night I finished filming my project. I didn't begin calling the guy who I got in a fender bender with until I realized there was one important thing to me that was inside my wallet. It wasn't my driver's license (it's replaced), not my library card (who cares), not my two credit cards (also replaced), but a business card that Teary gave me on the final day of Kenya's shoot last September...to contact and ask her if she wanted to be my make-up artist once I got the script for Envious approved two weeks later. Granted, I already know what her e-mail address is, and Teary's in my film itself, but I'm pretty sedimental for a dude, and this card was the one item she personally gave to me. I know...weird, but anyways... She has a small tattoo on her back. How rebellious. I sound completely lame for saying that, and this is completely random and off-topic (and she'll freak out if she read this. Smart move, Parno.), but rebellious. As for the cell phone, Teary's phone number was on it. Granted, I probably was never ever gonna call her again since I prefer e-mailing (yes, that IS retarded)...but to put things in perspective, I'm...like...losing everything that had the info I needed to contact her. What else is there to lose that has to do with her? My FILM?? The completed film is on a mini DV tape, I have 4 large boxes with the original 16mm camera negatives inside them, and two DVCAM tapes with my footage that went through telecine transfer. Would I want to know how I could possibly lose any of these? I don't think so. And my cell phone is somewhere at Wal-Mart or Stater Bros (where I went yesterday)...or in the hands of some rat bastard who stole it. Or possibly somewhere in my house...its ringtone inaudible since I probably turned the phone's ringer off. PARMAN, YOU'RE TOO (EXPLETIVE) ABSENT-MINDED!!!!!!!!! Curse the infidel who stole my VX3100L!!! R.I.P., LG VX3100L (Oct. 2003 - Feb. 2004)