Tuesday, July 17, 2001

On Sunday, a friend and I went to Long Beach State to watch the Summer Pro League games at the Pyramid. The first game that we saw was between Magic Johnson's All-Stars and Gracedale. MJAS sucked big time (and from this statement you can assume that they lost the game)!! The next game were the Lakers against the Houston Rockets. The Lakers' Mike Penberthy, Slava Medvendenko and Devean George played well at the beginning of the game...and at one point the Lakers were ahead, 21-9 against the Rockets. Of course, inevitably, Lakers lost. The next game was between the Sacramento Kings and the Los Angeles Clippers. At the Pyramid, we saw Laker legend Jerry West watching the games, and Terrell Owens of the San Francisco 49ers was also at the games.

After we left Long Beach, my friend and I played hoops with another homeboy of mine at the basketball court in my house's front yard. We then went to my friend's house (the one we met up with after returning from Long Beach to play b-ball) to watch the film Chasing Amy...which was pretty good considering I could relate to it (NOT the gay/lesbian part...but the friendship/relationships part ). I'll mention this in my next journal entry.