Monday, October 08, 2018

Photos of the Day: The Falcon 9's Exhaust Plumes As Seen from Los Angeles County...

A snapshot I took of SpaceX's Falcon 9 upper stage booster making its way across the night sky...as seen from my backyard in Pomona, California on October 7, 2018.

Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day! Just thought I'd mark this holiday by sharing these two snapshots I took of SpaceX's Falcon 9 upper stage booster as it made its way towards low-Earth orbit last night. Being carried aboard the upper stage was SAOCOM 1A...a radar imaging satellite built and managed by Argentina. These images were shot with my smartphone from my backyard—almost 10 minutes after the Falcon 9 rocket lifted off from (and landed at) Vandenberg Air Force Base about 190 miles away in Ventura County.

Being able to see the latest SpaceX rocket soar in the night sky from my residence kinda makes up for the fact that I couldn't go to Ventura County last month to witness the final launch of a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg due to financial reasons. It's all good. At the bottom of this entry is the video tweeted by SpaceX that shows yesterday's liftoff and historic landing on the West Coast. That is all.

Another snapshot I took of SpaceX's Falcon 9 upper stage booster making its way across the night sky...as seen from my backyard in Pomona, California on October 7, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment