Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Back in the Day: My High School Graduation!

So today marks 20 years since I graduated from Bishop Amat Memorial High School in La Puente, California. How time flies! The group photo below was taken two days earlier on June 3, 1998. My class attended Grad Nite in Disneyland the following day. A pack of school buses drove us to the Happiest Place on Earth the night of June 4th, and returned to Bishop Amat the following morning. I took a nice nap when I got home before I had to get dressed and head back to Amat later in the day for my commencement ceremony—which was professionally recorded to a VHS tape that I purchased (I've been meaning to transfer it to a DVD). Our graduation song was Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me."

I could go on about all of the memorable details and events that took place around the time I graduated...as well as the Summer of 1998 itself. But I won't 'cause this would be a pretty long Blog entry! All I'll say next is that my 20-year high school reunion is set to take place aboard a yacht in Newport Beach on October 6, but I'm still deciding whether I should go or not.

If you look closely at this pic, you can spot a red arrow I put that denotes my location in this group photo. Go Lancers!

A group photo that my class took two days before our graduation from Bishop Amat Memorial High School...which was on June 5, 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment