Saturday, May 12, 2018

BROOKLYN NINE-NINE and LAST MAN STANDING Just Got a New Lease on (TV) Life!

Captain Ray Holt (Andre Braugher), Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) and Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero) will be back on BROOKLYN NINE-NINE when it airs on NBC next season.

Despite the fact that my other favorite TV programs Designated Survivor, Lucifer and The Last Man on Earth will be no more after this season, I'm so glad that Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man Standing (LMS) will be back to grace the boob tube sometime later this year! In regards to Last Man Standing though, online reports suggest that two of the sitcom's most hilarious stars, Kaitlyn Dever (Eve Baxter) and Molly Ephraim (Mandy Baxter), will only make recurring appearances and not be regulars on the show's revival. That's a bummer, though in Ms. Ephraim's case, not a surprise. I've been one of Molly's loyal Twitter followers for over two years now, and her constant tweets and re-tweets of posts attacking Trump (which I have absolutely no problem with) since before the 2016 presidential election have probably caused her to sour to the thought of being on a show where the main star (Tim Allen, who plays Mike Baxter) is a Trump supporter in real life and on this show. Of course, this is a huge assumption on my part...and Ephraim may surprise and excite LMS fans next week by announcing that she'll be fully aboard with playing Mandy on the sitcom once more. If Molly only decides to appear on LMS sporadically and focus on other projects instead, might I suggest that she does theater again? I attended her play Bad Jews in west Los Angeles almost three years ago, and it was delightful.

So yea, I'm really glad that Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man Standing are back...even though the latter might be missing two of its most awesome cast members when it returns. Brooklyn Nine-Nine will air on NBC next year (which will kind of suck for me since I get crappy reception on this channel; my TV is hooked up to an antenna and not to a cable or satellite receiver) after being on FOX for five seasons, while LMS will make its debut on FOX after being on ABC for six seasons. Anyways, lookin' forward to seeing Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) and Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero) get married during the Nine-Nine's season finale on May 20—while I can't wait to see what type of anti-liberal comment will be made by Mike Baxter in the LMS Season 7 premiere. Even though I myself am a liberal...but it's all good. Welcome back, Mike! And screw Trump. Have a Happy Mother's Day weekend, everyone!

Mike (Tim Allen), Vanessa (Nancy Travis) and Mandy Baxter (Molly Ephraim?) will be back on LAST MAN STANDING when it airs on FOX next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment