Monday, July 03, 2017

Photos of the Day: Light Trails in Los Angeles County...

A long-exposure snapshot that I took of the 57 and 60 freeways near the city of Diamond Bar in California...on June 30, 2017.

Just thought I'd share these pics that I took at the city of Diamond Bar in California last Friday. As I was waiting for my Nikon D3300 camera to arrive via UPS about 3 three weeks ago, I was eager to use the DSLR to shoot these long-exposure night shots of traffic cruisin' down the local street and freeways. I even bought a photography magazine at Barnes & Noble a few hours before I shot these images to learn how to do so. Needless to say, the effort was a success! As of this entry, these pics were approved by iStock, while the photo above was also accepted by Adobe Stock and Shutterstock (these last two sites are very strict in regards to accepting photos—so it was an achievement that the image above was worthy of being posted for sale by these two respective agencies). Niiice. So what's my next goal in terms of using my D3300 to take amazing snapshots? Going to Joshua Tree at night to take photos of the Milky Way! That will happen sometime before the end of this month.

Anyways, to all of my fellow Yanks reading this: Have a fun and safe Independence Day tomorrow! Carry on.

A long-exposure snapshot that I took of a local street in Diamond Bar, California...on June 30, 2017.

Another long-exposure snapshot that I took of a local street in Diamond Bar, California...on June 30, 2017.

Another long-exposure snapshot that I took of the 57 and 60 freeways near the city of Diamond Bar in California...on June 30, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment