Saturday, February 09, 2013

Whitney Miller conducts a cooking demo in Costa Mesa, California, on February 9, 2013.

Photos of the Day... A few hours ago, I drove down to Costa Mesa in Orange County to attend a cooking demo by Whitney Miller...who won Season 1 of the FOX TV show MasterChef back in 2010. The last time I saw Ms. Miller in person was almost three years ago, when she did a previous cooking demo at the Anaheim Convention Center...also in Orange County (right across the street from Disneyland). Unlike that presentation however, I actually got to taste samples of the desserts that Miller taught the audience today. She showed us how to prepare two delicious pastries: the crispy coconut bites with chocolate sauce as well as molten lava cakes—the latter shown at the very bottom of this Blog entry. FYI, this is probably the first time I took a picture of my own food. I'm like a typical Asian. The only difference is, I didn't post this image on Instagram. Of course, it's because I don't have an iPhone.

Posing with Whitney Miller after she finishes her cooking demo in Costa Mesa, California, on February 9, 2013.

Molten lava cake... It looked a lot better in person. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming! It was nice seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Whitney! Thank you for the cooking demo... Both desserts were awesome :) (PS: Looks like you double-posted so I removed one of the comments. No worries)

    ReplyDelete