Thursday, July 05, 2012

Katy Perry and her blue-haired alter-ego in KATY PERRY: PART OF ME.

Katy Perry: Part of Me... I'd watch this flick, for free that is. Normally, I'd share a great disdain for self-indulgent films and documentaries that feature flavor-of-the-month music artists (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, Britney Spear's Crossroads, Mariah Cary's Glitter, Glee: The 3D Concert Movie and 50 Cents' Get Rich Or Die Tryin'), but I'd give Katy Perry's new movie a shot. Of course, it's probably because I'm thinking with my you-know-what (the word starts with a 'p' and rhymes with 'Venus') and not because I have classy taste in movies. How can I not watch a film that centers on a girl whose 2008 hit song ("I Kissed a Girl") was inspired by her 'lesbian crush' on Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson (in case you didn't already know this)? And "Teenage Dream" isn't so bad, either.

If there's one film about the life of a music artist that I enjoyed, it's 2002's 8 Mile, starring Eminem. Not only are his songs (both old and recent) a lot better than some of the new crap spewed by other rappers these days, but Eminem can act too. Heck— Music-wise, Slim Shady's 8 Mile anthem "Lose Yourself" won an Academy Award for Best Original Song in 2003, for cryin' out loud. You da man, Slim. But this journal entry isn't about you. It's about the sexy brunette / blonde / red head / purple or blue-haired chick from Santa Barbara who likes posing provocatively on pink cotton candy.

Katy Perry: Part of Me gets released in theaters today, for those of you planning to movie-hop after watching Ted, Oliver Stone's Savages or The Amazing Spider-Man this weekend. That is all.

(I'm well aware of the disparity between this Blog topic and the NASA-related entry I posted on Tuesday, thankyouverymuch.)

Thank you Katy Perry, for giving me another reason to love cotton candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment