Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) watches as Ariadne (Ellen Page) manipulates the dream world around them in INCEPTION.

Inception is plausible! Or maybe not. Anyways, over the last two weeks I've had four memorable dreams that I couldn't resist blogging here. I'll get the more 'standard' dreams out of the way and point out that on Saturday night, I had two consecutive dreams where I hung out with this girl who I had a major crush on back in high school. Normally, when I have a dream featuring this girl (no, they're not dirty)—who was my classmate during my sophomore year in high school—it involved me searching for her around town as she was always nowhere to be found. She proved to be very elusive like a phantom in my previous dreams. Which is symbolic: This girl is now married and has a kid in real life, haha. The other standard um, dream I had last night involved me personally receiving a note by Britney Spears (no, she didn't have a shaved head or anything like that...just a sexy tight green outfit on) to meet her in her hotel room at 11 PM. (I can't recall what kind of event we were at during the time. Yes, I'm still calling this dream memorable.) Did I ever go? Unfortunately, no. I was sidetracked by something. But I do remember being excited and anxious as heck when she handed me the note, lol.

Now onto the Inception dream: Last week I literally had a dream within a dream within another dream. The first dream I had was of me at a movie theater (don't recall if I was with my family or friends). Things were uneventful at the theater until I fell asleep in my seat inside the auditorium...only to wake up inside a warehouse where a couple of other people and I were being chased by some crazed killer. The setting was a mixture of Scream, Saw and Hostel. We were still being chased when I suddenly woke up in the middle of some kind of comic book convention. Apparently, I fell asleep while standing in line (to get an autograph by God-knows-who), and people around me smirked after I came out of my doze. And then I actually woke up (in the middle of the night)...and realized that Christopher Nolan was totally onto something with his 2010 Oscar-nominated film.

I wouldn't mind having another Inception-type dream again. But I definitely don't mind dreaming about my high school crush once more. (This kind of journal entry is what happens when you've been stuck at home for the last two months because of this medical nonsense.)

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment